Christoph Schmitz-Schunken – Partner
Lawyer & Certified Tax Advisor
Specialist Lawyer for Corporate Law
Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law
Specialist Lawyer for Commercial Law
Phone:+49 241 94621-143 (PA Mrs. Becker)
Telefax: +49 241 94621-111
Christoph’s practice focuses on the full spectrum of corporate and tax laws including transactional matters: mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, private equity, foreign collaborations including joint ventures, licensing and distribution transactions. He has extensive experience in working in the european region, having acted for bidders, target companies, sellers and advisors in such transactions.
His significant work also includes representing German clients investing in foreign markets, family businesses in their growth initiatives through restructuring of family holdings, trusts governance and family settlements as well as private clients in their wealth management.
His expertise is also called for in board led internal investigations, advisory on corporate governance and litigation as well as arbitration matters within the area of his professional focus.
- Born in Düren, 1975 (GER)
- Trier University Law School (GER)
- Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- 1st State Law Degree (GER) in 2002 (comp. to the international LL.M.)
- 2nd State Law Degree (GER) and Admission to the Bar in 2004
- Certified Tax Adviser since 2007
- Member of the Board of the Cologne Bar Association – www.rak-koeln.de
- International Bar Association (IBA) – www.ibanet.org
- German Scientific Association for Company and Corporate Law (VGR) – www.gesellschaftsrechtlichevereinigung.de
- White Collar Crime Law Association – www.wistev.de
English, Spanish, German
- Corporate; M&A; Private Equity
- White Collar Crime
- International Wealth Planning